M. Deane Stewart focuses his practice on finance and lending transactions and retail and commercial real estate matters. He represents banks, and other institutional lenders in senior debt financing, floor plan and dealer finance and commercial real estate loans. Deane also represents those clients in loan workout and forbearance matters, as well as foreclosure of real estate and has written several published articles addressing legal issues in real estate. He has significant experience in the acquisition, disposition and leasing of real property. Deane is a shareholder, the firm’s Secretary, and a member of the Marketing and Compensation committees.
- J.D., University of Louisville School of Law, Louisville, Kentucky, 1974
- Gonzaga University School of Law, Spokane, Washington
- B.A., Eastern Washington State College, Cheney, Washington, 1971
- University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
Honors and Awards
- Louisville Magazine Top Lawyers, 2013
- Leadership Kentucky, 2011
- The Healing Place, Inc., Director and Secretary, 1999
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Louisville Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- The Law of Distressed Real Estate, (Consulting Author)
- Remedies for Real Estate Mortgages in Default, Kentucky Real Estate Law and Practice, 3rd Ed., Chapter 17; University of Kentucky, 2007
- Debtor/Creditor Relations in Kentucky (Co-Update Author), Chapter 16, Remedies for Real Estate Mortgages in Default, UK/CLE, 3rd Edition, 2011
Deane has a wild side. He motorcycles, skydives and has climbed Hawaii’s Diamond Head, explored the Alhambra and hiked rain forests in Costa Rica.