Thomas W. Volk focuses his legal practice on banking and finance law, loan workouts, commercial litigation and foreclosure. He has extensive in-house counsel experience having worked for two banks for a combined 24 years, giving him insight and sensitivity to issues faced by lenders; including management of legal budgets. Tom is a member in M&P’s Louisville office.
- J.D., University of Louisville School of Law, Louisville, Kentucky, 1977, Honors: Cum Laude, Honor Society, Phi Kappa Phi
- M.A., Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, North Carolina, 1973
- B.A., Bellarmine College, Louisville, Kentucky, 1970
- Member, Board of Directors, American Red Cross, Louisville Area Chapter, 2006-2008
- Louisville Metro, Local and State Agency Panel to Aid Persons Displaced by Hurricane Katrina, Received Key to the City of Louisville Award, 2005-2006
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Louisville Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Phi Alpha Delta
- University of Kentucky College of Law, Continuing Legal Education
- University of Louisville, Louis D. Brandeis School of Law, Continuing Legal Education
- Kentucky Academy of Trial Attorneys
- Kentucky Association of Legal Secretaries
- Kentucky Appellate Practice, Banks Baldwin, 1979-1981
Past Employment Positions
- National City Bank, Vice President and Counsel, 1994 - 2007
- Farm Credit Bank of Louisville, AVP/Corporate Counsel, 1983 - 1993
- Kentucky Court of Appeals, Staff Attorney, 1977–1981
In the News
In Unifund CCR Partners v. Harrell, a recent case involving collection of an open-end consumer credit card account, the Kentucky Supreme …
When extending credit to a Professional Service Corporation (herein, “PSC”) in Kentucky, lenders should take note of important statutory …
National City Corporation recognized Tom in 2005 with an Excel Award in honor of his outstanding service in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Tom led a group of employees to assemble a team of Louisville banks that assisted the American Red Cross in providing services to survivors who had relocated to the area.
As a head middle school football coach, Tom's teams have won six league championships and played in four Toy Bowls-with two championships and two second place finishes.