Michael Troutman joined Morgan & Pottinger in 2017, after more than six years in practice as a solo practitioner. His practice focuses on litigation, with an emphasis on family court work. His clients appreciate his diligence and preparation in every phase of litigation. He is a graduate of the Brandeis School of Law at the University of Louisville, and completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Kentucky.
- J.D., Brandeis School of Law, University of Louisville, 2007
- B.A., English Literature, University of Kentucky, 2003 (Graduate with Departmental Honors)
Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Volunteer Attorney, Legal Aid Society of Louisville (2010)
- Volunteer Attorney, Legal Aid Society of Louisville
- Volunteer, Center for Women and Families (2011-2014)
- Volunteer Coordinator, Shake for Justice Campaign (2008)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association
Previous Work Experience
- Michael Troutman, Attorney at Law PLLC (Louisville, KY)
More than a Lawyer
Michael is an avid reader, enjoys live music, and is a fan of University of Louisville athletics and New York Yankees baseball. He enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, and exploring cultural and historical landmarks and attractions throughout the Louisville and Southern Indiana areas.