Clyde H. Foshee Jr. practices in the areas of banking and finance law, with concentration in negotiable instruments, letters of credit, secured transactions and regulatory compliance. His experience of more than 30 years as an in-house attorney at a large bank has provided Clyde with a deep understanding of the practical impact of legal issues on a bank’s operations. He is of counsel in the firm’s Louisville office.
- J.D., University of Louisville School of Law, Louisville, Kentucky, 1971, Honors: Cum Laude, Omicron Delta Kappa
- B.S., Washington and Lee University, Lexington, Virginia, 1966, Major: Commerce
Honors and Awards
- Louisville Magazine Top Lawyers, 2013
- Louisville-Jefferson County Metropolitan Sewer District; Member, Board of Directors, 2004-2007
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Louisville Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- National Business Institute, Loan Workouts and Foreclosures: “Receiverships”, 2015
- National Business Institute, Equine Law: “Drafting, Contracts and Agreements,” “Boarding Issues Generally,” “Special Topics in Equine Law,” “Ethics for the Equine Lawyer,” 2014
- Go Wireless, Inc. v. Deane W. Lehrmitt, et al. (In re Lehrmitt), 2015 WL 351211 (Bankr. W.D. Ky. 2015); In re Ban Am Express, Inc., 2014 WL 4658206 (Bankr. W.D. Ky. 2014).
- Mark. D. Dean, P.S.C. v. Commonwealth Bank & Trust Company, 434 S.W.3d 489 (Ky. 2014).
- In re Shelbyville Road Shoppes, LLC (Lawrence v. Commonwealth of Kentucky, Transportation Cabinet), 775 F.3d 789 (6th Cir. 2015).
- In re Batt (Apperson v. First Federal Bank of the Midwest, et. al.), 2012 Bankr. LEXIS 4698 (Bankr. W.D. Ky. 2012).
- In re Cupolo, 2013 Bankr. LEXIS 486 (Bankr. E.D. Ky. 2013).
- In re Shelbyville Road Shoppes, LLC (Lawrence v. Commonwealth of Kentucky, Transportation Cabinet), 2013 Bankr. LEXIS 2249 (Bankr. W.D. Ky. 2013).
Past Employment Positions
- National City Bank, Vice President and Senior Regulatory Attorney, 1975 - 2007
- Louisville-Jefferson County Metropolitan Sewer District, Board of Directors, 2004 - 2007
In the News
On May 18, 2016, the federal financial institutions regulatory agencies—the Comptroller of the Currency, the Federal Reserve Board, the …
M&P Attorneys Recognized as “Top Lawyers” in Louisville Magazine: Thomas Coffey, Clyde Foshee, John McGarvey, Molly Rose and Deane …
Clyde takes his work at M&P seriously, but tries not to take himself too seriously. From his penchant for wearing whimsical ties to his keen interest in baseball history, he aims to make each day enjoyable as well as productive.