Bradley S. Salyer's practice focuses on bankruptcy, commercial litigation, foreclosure, loan workouts and appellate law. Brad leads M&P's Bowling Green office, and he was instrumental in the firm's efforts to open an office there for our South Central Kentucky clients. He joined M&P in 2009 after graduating from the University of Kentucky College of Law, where he served on the Moot Court Board. Brad is a member of the firm's Policy & Procedures and Marketing Committees. He is also a Chapter 7 Panel Trustee for the Western District of Kentucky, Owensboro Division.
Areas of Practice
U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky
U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky
U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana
U.S. District Court Eastern District Tennessee
U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee
U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee
- J.D., University of Kentucky College of Law, Lexington, Kentucky, 2009, Honors: Moot Court Board
- B.A., Georgetown College, Georgetown, Kentucky, 2003, Honors: Brown Scholar, Trustees' Scholar
Honors and Awards
“Kentucky Rising Star” by Super Lawyers®, 2013-2018
Leadership Bowling Green, 2016
Credit Abuse Resistance Education (CARE), Program Volunteer, Advisory Committee Member
Leadership Louisville - Focus Louisville, 2014
Board of Directors of Greenways for Oldham County, Inc.
Professional Associations and Memberships
Louisville Bar Association
Kentucky Bar Association
Indiana Bar Association
Tennessee Bar Association
Board Certified - Creditors' Rights Law - American Board of Certification
Chapter 7 Panel Trustee for the Western District of Kentucky
American Bankruptcy Institute
Young Professionals Association of Louisville
- National Business Institute, Loan Workouts and Foreclosures: “Receiverships”, 2015
- National Business Institute, Equine Law: “Drafting, Contracts and Agreements,” “Boarding Issues Generally,” “Special Topics in Equine Law,” “Ethics for the Equine Lawyer,” 2014
- Waldman v. PNC Bank, National Association, 2016 WL 7330568 (Ky. App. 2016).
- Roman, et al. v. Great American Financial Services, 2015 WL 226086 (Ky. App. 2016).
- Go Wireless, Inc. v. Deane W. Lehrmitt, et al. (In re Lehrmitt), 2015 WL 351211 (Bankr. W.D. Ky. 2015).
- In re Ban Am Express, Inc., 2014 WL 4658206 (Bankr. W.D. Ky. 2014).
- Mark. D. Dean, P.S.C. v. Commonwealth Bank & Trust Company, 434 S.W.3d 489 (Ky. 2014).
- In re Shelbyville Road Shoppes, LLC (Lawrence v. Commonwealth of Kentucky, Transportation Cabinet), 775 F.3d 789 (6th Cir. 2015).
- In re Batt (Apperson v. First Federal Bank of the Midwest, et. al.), 2012 Bankr. LEXIS 4698 (Bankr. W.D. Ky. 2012).
- In re Cupolo, 2013 Bankr. LEXIS 486 (Bankr. E.D. Ky. 2013).
- In re Shelbyville Road Shoppes, LLC (Lawrence v. Commonwealth of Kentucky, Transportation Cabinet), 2013 Bankr. LEXIS 2249 (Bankr. W.D. Ky. 2013).
In the News
The American Board of Certification has announced that Bradley S. Salyer, an attorney with Morgan & Pottinger, P.S.C., has successfully …
Morgan & Pottinger is pleased to announce that several of the firm’s attorneys have been named 2018 Kentucky Super Lawyers®, recognizing …
The United States Trustee has appointed Brad Salyer to the Panel of Chapter 7 Trustees for the Western District of Kentucky. The appointment …
Brad is a sports enthusiast and a die-hard University of Kentucky basketball fan. He and his wife Rachel are the proud parents of two young daughters and twin sons. Outside of the office, Brad enjoys spending time with his family, playing golf, cooking or traveling to see his nieces and nephews.