Business and Corporate Counsel Attorneys
Louisville | Lexington | Bowling Green | Southern Indiana
The business attorneys at Morgan & Pottinger, P.S.C., offer corporate counsel services to small and medium businesses throughout Kentucky and Indiana.
We understand that many companies cannot afford the luxury of in-house counsel. Our firm is equipped to provide you with corporate counsel services as you need them.
Corporate Counsel Services
Our business lawyers provide a full range of corporate counsel services to businesses, including the following:
- Preventive law services – As part of our corporate counsel services, we assist clients in taking measures to limit their liability exposure. We advise clients on regulatory compliance issues, assist with employee handbooks, review contracts, documents, and processes for potential issues, review insurance policies for coverage issues, loan documents for liability issues, and employment policy for potential liability. We also draft employment termination agreements and business transaction contracts to ensure your interests are protected and you receive the full benefits of your bargain.
- Corporate Records Maintenance – Our corporate services include maintaining your corporate records to ensure you are compliant with state regulations governing corporations. Our services include maintaining minutes, recording votes and maintaining proxies, tracking stock ownership and transfers, and recording dividend distributions.
- Business transactions – Our business transactions attorneys can assist you in negotiating, drafting contracts, reviewing contracts, and handling litigation involving a variety of business transactions, including real estate and leases, vendor and supplier agreements, loan documents, and business contracts.
- Employment and labor law issues – Our employment law attorneys can assist you in developing handbooks and policies to help avoid potential lawsuits. We provide advice on day-to-day policy administration. We also can represent your interests in discrimination, harassment, and wrongful termination claims. In addition, we can help you protect your trade secrets and draft non-competition and termination agreements.
- Dispute resolution and litigation – Our trial attorneys can assist you in resolving disputes ranging from breach of contract or breach of fiduciary duty claims to employment litigation to defending personal injury claims. We also assist companies with insurance coverage issues and other business disputes.
- Regulatory compliance – Our regulatory compliance attorneys assist business in complying with state and federal laws and regulations. We stay on top of developments in the law that may affect your business, and proactively alert you to potential issues as they arise.
- Real estate issues – Our business attorneys can assist you with lease negotiations, reviewing and drafting your lease, construction issues, and with real estate litigation.
- Collections issues – Our collections attorneys can assist you with handling your collections, including collecting debts, repossession issues, collateral, breach of contract, and other collection matters.
For questions regarding the corporate counsel services we can provide, or to discuss retaining our firm, please schedule a confidential consultation with an experienced business attorney at M&P by calling one of our offices or contacting us online. We provide you with experienced representation and sound advice.